BROQ SAFETY Insect Armour uses a unique technology which combines both anti-bacterial and mosquito repellent.
- Proven to reduce mosquito landings and feeding by up to 92% - in many cases 100%. If the mosquito does not land, it cannot spread disease
- Effective against mosquitos, ticks, ants, flies, midges
- Reduces the number colony forming units of bacteria, spores, virus and fungi delivering the additional benefit of making the range ‘allergy-friendly’.
What makes BROQ SAFETY Insect Armour different?
The Treatment Application
- The actual fabric is treated at the point of manufacturing (as opposed to the garment being dipped)
- The treatment is impregnated into the fabric using nanotechnology which provides a strong micro bond of the treatment with the fabric surface to ensure long lasting performance
- The treatment is applied under strict procedures to ensure quality control is maximised
- The main anti-mosquito ingredient in the treatment is Permethrin - a common synthetic chemical
- The treatment contains anti-bacterial technology which provided added benefits including removal of requirement for industrial washing at high temperatures which means the treatment lasts longer
The Safety & Compliance Factor (human safe and earth safe)
- It is not an irritant nor is it sensitizing
- It has no side effects and does not emit Volatile Organic Compounds
- It also contains no heavy metals and when treated articles are disposed or discarded they rapidly biodegrade and leave no harmful residues for future generations to inherit
- International health agencies that recommend the use of permethrin treated apparel include the World Health Organization and the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC), among others
- The treatment is manufactured to world standards ISO 9001 & 9002
- It is Oeko Tex Registered (this means the treatment has been tested and passed as having no risk to health)
How Does It Work
The treatment is impregnated into the fabric using nanotechnology which provides a strong micro bond of the treatment with the fabric surface to ensure long lasting performance.
What is the Insect Armour product range:
The work wear range
- high visibility drill shirts
- drill pants
- high visibility coveralls
All BROQ work wear complies with industry standards, including 50mm reflective tape and high visibility material.
The anti-mosquito spray
- handy aerosol spray which cover 10 square metres
- ideal for reapplication
- designed for application directly onto clothing, bedding, mosquito nets, jackets, coats, umbrellas, tents, socks, boots, car seats and other suitable fabrics and surfaces
It has been validated via various Australian and international studies